Play the game here.
I originally wanted to make a platformer where you run around a tiny planet (like in the final game), but after a bit of coding I realized I had no idea how to actually make my idea work, and making levels would be really difficult to make. I decided to change it to a shooter. I got a little influence from the Sim portion Actraiser, I think.
Another idea I has while working on this was a puzzle/platformer involving Atlas carring the world around, throwing it around would cause changes in the world you’re in depending what you do with it. I couldn’t really think of a good way to use this idea, so I just continued with what I as making.
The game name is just a little pun I thought up, it’s a combination of Cosmic and Micro. I’m a little surprised no one else used the name, considering the theme.
What went right:
- Despite not having much experience using as3 or flashpunk, everything went pretty smoothly in the programming aspect.
- Graphics ended up alright
- Sound and music were ok, although I think the music it a bit bad in some places.
What went wrong:
- I tend to dislike games which have you doing the same thing repeatedly to get a high score and have no real goal, but that’s how my game ended up. I’m not too happy about that. Time constraints made me leave out features such as multiple stages and enemies.
- Apparently the difficulty was to high. If I added stages like I wanted I would’ve had it easy in the beginning and ramp up the difficulty later.
I’m planning on working on the game a little more to add stuff I left out.