Left it a little later than usual but, eh, what can you do. Hi! I’m Cirrial, more frequently known around the internets as Cirr. I’m not exactly a known name to many, but this is a special Ludum Dare to me as it is to the community in general. While for the wider community at large this marks the 10th year anniversary, this for me marks the one year anniversary since I decided “Oh, why the hell not, then” and took the plunge into this wonderful competition.
My personal challenge to myself, should you be interested, is to not make a platformer for the fourth time running. For too long it has been something of a crutch to fall back on the good old well-established grammar of the 2D platformer. I am, however, keeping my toolset as before. I will leave it to next LD to go truly out there.
- Framework/Libraries: Flixel on top of Flex (I know, I know, Flash, but it’s really good for rapid development like this!)
- IDE: IntelliJ IDEA
- Level Editor: DAME, if appropriate
- Graphics: Any combination of Graphics Gale, Paint.NET and SAI Paint Tool, depending on requirements
- Sounds: BFXR, because it’s SFXR but better
- Music: SunVox, if I have the time
- Screen capturing: Chronolapse
- Streaming: Livestream Procaster
I believe this covers most of it. See you during the compo!