Glad lots of you seemed to like my keynote, I had lots of fun making it! As a note, all 5 games in the keynote video were made in a 48-hour time period (but unfortunately the video as a whole took me about a week to make).
Anyways, since I’m not just all talk, I will also be taking part this weekend!
BUT, I’ve set out a few challenges/resolutions for myself:
- I’m going to make an 800×600 Flash game, so it is accessible and quick to play
- But since my previous 2 games were platformers, this game will not be one
- They were also pixelly games (as are a lot of LD entries), so I resolve to use completely hand-drawn graphics
- Since animations take long to prepare, I will use as few animations as possible, or none
- To make up for lack of hand-drawn animations, there will be many particles, effects, and lots of motion
I will be using tools I am comfortable with, though, as I still want to create a highly polished game:
- My own engine, FlashPunk, to code the game
- For tweens/animation/motion, I will use the lovely TweenLite library, my favorite
- For graphics/animation, I will use Photoshop, and/or Flash if I choose an animated/cartoon style
- I will record my own sounds with Audacity, using my Snowball microphone
- I have no idea WTF to do about music, as I am unable to make tunes that do not cause hemorrhages
Best of luck to everybody, and especially to those FlashPunk users taking part!
Super pumped for this weekend. See y’all around!