About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 8 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes, 54 seconds
  • October Ends: in 9 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes, 54 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 44 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes, 54 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Hi guys! … HELP!

Posted by (twitter: @Haite)
    April 17th, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello! I’m Frederick and this is my first time participating in ludum dare, and I’m very excited!
    BUT, also I’m very lost!
    If anyone could help me telling me the basics and where and how I can vote I would appreciate very much!

Tags: , ,

5 Responses to “Hi guys! … HELP!”

1. Hiarc_Games says:

Rules: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/rules/

I suggest using a web based programming language i.e. java, flash , or unity

2. caranha says:

What basics do you want to know about?

3. FrederickK says:

Basics about the competition. I read the rules, but some points is a little vague.
      First, anyone, from anywhere, can participate? I feel strange about it because I had participate the Global Game Jam and there you had to register at a certificate place, but, MUCH better if don’t.
      Second, the Jam (the 72 hours part) is judge by others like the competition or they have some differences?

@Hiarc_Games
      Don’t worry, I will use Unity or StencylWorks (swf). :)

4. FrederickK says:

Guys, I think that I will list the programs that I will use when I make the idea. I don’t feel comfortable have saying for sure all the programs that I will use, but I’m planing to use:
      – Unity3D (free)
      – PxTone
      – GraphicsGale
      – MyPaint
      and maybe
      – Blender

5. FrederickK says:

I gave up Unity 3D and switched to StencylWorks.
      I’m also using the Jump and Run Extended Kit.