I am in for LD23. This will be my second attempt at the contest, and hopefully my first actual submission.
Tools I plan to use for various purposes, should said purposes arise:
* Unity3D Pro for design, animation, various testing, and publishing
* GIMP for pixels
* 3DS Max for geometry & texturing
* Bfxr for sound effects generation
* Audacity for additional sound effects work
* OpenMPT for music
* Sublime for code and text
* MonoDevelop for debugging
* Mercurial for source versioning
* Pen & Paper for ideation and problem-solving (Pilot G-2, 8.5×11 .25″ grid graph)
* IRC, Bandcamp, and various musics on my hard drive for motivation and inspiration
Additionally, I’ll be using AutoScreenshot to take screenshot at regular intervals throughout the 48 hours. I’ll try using 30 second intervals during the warmup, and use that during the official compo if that doesn’t cause too any problems. Otherwise, I’ll use the default 2 minute interval. At the end of the compo, I’ll encode all the resulting images into a video and upload it to either youtube or vimeo, so you can all see what I did.
My target platform is a one-click/touch format, primarily using Unity Web Player for the compo, with additional publishing to Windows, Mac, and Android. (no Unity Pro iOS license just yet.. :P)
I’ll try a warmup game or two this weekend with this setup. If everything goes smoothly, this will be how it is for me next weekend.
Looking forward to making some games and playing some of yours!