Ludum Dare 31
Theme:
Entire Game on One Screen

Judging ends in:
It’s time to Play and Rate Games!

PlayRate80Star

Rate ALL the things — Final!

Posted by (twitter: @caranha)
January 3rd, 2012 9:56 am

Or should I say, rate 25% of all the things?

The last two days I’ve been trudging through the list of least rated games, rating and giving feedback as often as possible. More often than not, though, I had to go through dozens of “engine tests”. PROTIP: If you can’t dedicate the whole weekend for the LD48 because of family events, girl/boyfriends, finals, broken toenails, kittens; there will always be another one! Please think of the reviewers as well :-P

I did find a few gems, like:

A Realization (in 13 acts) — A puzzle platformer. Feels very finished, with great mood provided by very appropriate music, background and effects. The progression of level design and backdrops takes you through an engaging story. I can’t believe this game has only been rated 10 times: give it a try!

And with this, I reach the 25% milestone. I’ve played some amazing games in these days (see my previous posts) and was surprised by how much can be done in just 48 hours.

As a self reward, I’ll go rate some of the popular games and those suggested by others here. I guess I can’t stop :-P

Drop a comment below if you want me to take a look at your game. I promise to give you some constructive criticism.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Rate ALL the things — Final!”

1. SusanTheCat says:

Congratulations! It is really hard to rate so many games. I’ve only done ~40 games so far.

If you feel up to it, could you rate the game I made with my son and his friends?

I am astounded at how creative people are on a deadline.

Susan

2. dr_soda says:

You have done quite a service here. It’s been a challenge for me to find the time over the holidays to rate games, and have only managed about 110 (give or take). Good job on giving so many games such a thoughtful critique!

• caranha says:

Coming from you, that means a lot to me, thanks! :-D I understand what you feel, the last two days, I had to literally force myself to go sit down and rate, since if I didn’t do it now, work would start and I would never be able to do it then.

3. Adhesion says:

Hi, just FYI, I added some info to my game page that should help if you had issues getting it to run. My guess is that you just need to have XNA 3.0 (that exact version) installed. There’s also an installer that will automatically install that for you if you want to try that.

4. Jorjon says:

Thanks for the feedback on my game! I’ve really appreciated it.

5. Kelly Thomas says:

thanks for all the lists, you’ve highlighted some gems

6. Keirua says:

Waw, I thought doing a game in 48 hours was something crazy. Yet rating 1400 of them in less 3 weeks ain’t more clever :) Good luck anyway for your challenge