I had a lot of wonderful feedback for this year’s LD. I never would have gotten so many people to playtest and give honest opinions. I spaced out a timestep issue, which is almost unconscionable – and there was a serious spell bug that I only discovered after the compo. So, since then I’ve been nailing down loose boards, slowing down combat, improving text, making things Just Work.
So, with much more sense-making:
Erased 1.3 (Post-LD version – don’t rate me based on this!)
The original entry is over here – again, rate me for what’s in the post below, not the link above.
Changes in the post-LD version include but are not even remotely limited to:
- Fixed timestep for all modes (known issue: cosmetic spell animations still act a little weird)
- Slowed down battles in general, more distinct spell naming and effects
- Added “1/Q 2/W 3/E 4/R” captions in battle mode so you have a hint of how to fight
- Moved player dialogue over the player’s head and colored it, added more tutorial/help text
- Drastically overhauled intermission text
- Walking into an object now interacts with it, making space/enter often redundant
- Player and enemy health increased
- Player and enemy spell upgrades separated – major bugfix!
- Player battle sprite is now animated
- Most intermission backgrounds swapped with a higher-res version
- Music added and sounds gutted to make room for less-irritating sounds
- Battle is a seperate screen now instead of being painted over the map view.
- Made Nyan Cat’s role in this story much more clear
Please let me know what you think. I hope this release demonstrates my sincerity in listening to constructive comments, and I really will take them to heart and make the next game better. Also, if you have a post-LD version, I’d very much like to play it!