First of all, the game:
This game is a text adventure where you control a player waking up in a hostile environment.
What went horribly wrong:
- Theme, I had like 0 idea what to do with Alone (but I can only blame myself, that’s one of the few themes I voted for in the final round).
- I procrastinated way too much while pretending to be looking for an idea.
- I had other things to do that weekend, which I did during the last 5 hours of LD.
- I’ve had to rush making one third of the game’s content in one hour.
What went right:
- Using jQueryMobile for the first time.
- Choosing a text-adventure (time was short, 12h were already gone, so not having to create assets except using jQuery’s ThemeRoller for text/bg colors was great).
- Adding Kittens!
- Choosing a web-deployable framework (makes packaging 100x easier).
Although I wasn’t inspired as much as during previous LDs, I’m happy with what I came up with and I hope the final product will satisfy you, the players !