Submitted yesterday my entry for the compo and you can find it HERE (and rate it, if you wish). It’s called Do NOT Hug Me! and it’s some kind of action/beat ’em up. This is like the third game ever developed by me and I’m pretty satisfied with the result (and by the overall experience). Unfortunately I did not manage to make a timelapse video, but next time I’m sure I will.
SO.. moving on to analyze what went wrong and what went right.
What went wrong –
- I did not have a clear idea for the gameplay and the mechanics when I started, so I wasted a lot of time changing on the fly.
- The game is pretty short and a bit exploitable.
- The animations are bugged.
- Menu and interface are poor; also the game is not explained very well.
- Learning a tool you never used before during the 48 hours is not a good idea (although that wasn’t a problem).
- Bad time management. “Wasted” a lot of time testing.
- Couldn’t sleep for too much caffeine and excitement (on that I think the caffeine was guilty).
- I finished the game.
- The game is fun (IMHO) and quite original.
- It’s web based so potentially playable by everyone.
- I had a lot of fun.
- Graphics are not so bad.
- Learned a lot.