So .. I’ve done a ton to the game in the last day or so. Got all the in game features working nicely and stuff. The most notable visual change is the addition of characters. Check out these lil’ guys! These are the same guys I used in the original “Dynamite” I made for pyweek like a million years ago. They work pretty well scaled down and tiny. Next up, I gotta add a basic save/load interface for my level editor and then start churning out levels and all that!
Oh, and I grabbed all the sound effects from Dynamite and Escape from Anathema Mines and added them into this game. Makes it feel a bit more lively! I’ve also added “data cartridges” that display text messages when picked up, I guess that’s the cheap way to give a game some vague story-line.
UPDATE: Using my cool-sauce edge generation script, with just a few minutes of graphics work I can get a totally different look to my game. This is going to be super helpful to giving my low-budget game the appearance that it has art in it (maybe).
Weird and squiggly:
Fractalicious Puzzle Shaped:
I think with varying the user flashlight color and varying the floor texture I can probably get some really different feeling settings for the game to take place