Ludum Dare 36
The Theme is:
Ancient Technology

The Compo ends in
Solo, from scratch, with source, in 48 hours.

The Jam ends in
Solo and Teams, relaxed, 72 hours.

statement of intent, branfort

Posted by (twitter: @jonbro)
October 2nd, 2011 3:02 am

Hey folks… This is me throwing down theĀ gauntletĀ on the october challenge. I did it last year, and made some good money, so why not do another round and see what I can come up with.

I have been working on a sequel to the project that I did last year, but not that hard. This year, I am doing a brainfuck interpreter for iphone, with 2 new opcodes that allow for waiting for a timing sync and playing a note on a synthesizer. I got the interpreter working pretty quick, and did a crappy interface for it and a really basic synth back in june. You can see a video of that version of it here. After I finished that, I realized that it would need a ton more work and shelved it while my real job took off.

I came back to it yesterday, and overhauled the graphics engine with a nice new sheen of vectory goodness:

I also started work on expanding it from a single interpreter, to 8 interpreters so that you can get a few different instances running at once with different synthesizers. I don’t really want to spend too long on this project, but I think I can jam out the synths in a day or two, and then get the file loading working, and that should be good!

I should mention that this is not a game, more of a music app, but that is where my skills lie, and I think this is closer to completion than any of the games that I did this year. Also I think that it is a bit easier to stand out in the music market than it is in the game market, so that is where I am going.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]