Ludum Dare 31
December 5th-8th, 2014

Mini Ludum Dare 29 – HORROR

Posted by
September 15th, 2011 4:06 pm

October is going to some sort of special challenge month, so let’s celebrate Ludum Dare Halloween a bit early.

The theme is HORROR. Not “interpret the word however you want”, but “try to make something that will genuinely creep people out/horrify them”.

Technically 17th-18th, but this isn’t strict. Start whenever you want, and finish 48 hours later, or take a little longer if you want (Submissions officially close on the 25th, say). Work alone or in a group, use preexisting media/code if you want, or whatever.

[ SUBMIT HERE | View all ]

And, have fun!

48 Responses to “Mini Ludum Dare 29 – HORROR”

1. PaulSB says:

Don’t have much time this weekend but damn, I am reeeal tempted now!

2. spliter says:

Considering I just managed to import models into my game, and have fully functional 2D collisions, and partially functional 3D models with animations I’ll definitely participate.

In other words: I’m In!

3. Cambrian_Man says:

Aw, heck. I wasn’t planning on participating, but I have an idea I’ve had for a while that fits this theme, so it looks like I’m going to be in.

4. sfernald says:

I am in.

I have a great idea for a work of interactive fiction.

Dark sci-fi / horror based on this short story I just love.

5. Felipe Budinich says:

Not my cup of tea, but I guess some Cthuloid cosmic horror thingie could do the trick

6. johnfn says:

Is the mini going to be rated? If it is, I’ll probably be in. (I really like to know how well I’m doing…)

7. That’s a nice game-design-y theme.

Right of the bat whatever I though of before is useless and need to actually think about it. good choice :-)

8. icemelt7 says:

Will you declare a winner ?? If not then its not really a competition.

9. kingblade says:

Ummm… I cant this weekend… but can I do it after the 17-18 in two days? when will the entery realy end?

10. Patacorow says:

HOLY SHI- I NEVER saw this coming. GOTTA MAKE GAME GOTTA MAKE GAME GOTTA MAKE GAME

11. Patacorow says:

Alright, I’m definitly in!

12. Elijah says:

Definitely in. I haven’t done any dev work in so long. Too long, really. It looks like the stars have aligned for this one.

13. ratboy2713 says:

I have an idea, I have a map, and I have the start of an engine.

But will I have a game by Monday? Let’s find out!

14. Shigor says:

I’m in… probably, don’t have much time, but this time I have a nice idea and I’ve decided to treat this as game making contest, not “how fast can I reinvent the wheel” programming contest, so I’ll try to put something together in unity

15. CorruptOne says:

Just a new guy, but I’ll give it a shot (though I wish I’d started yesterday..)

16. mildmojo says:

I’m in, I think. Trying to carve something out in javascript, though I’m not a JS programmer. =)

17. xXblazingkinXx says:

I submitted one, but its not showing

18. cornedor says:

How much time do we still have xD had a holliday this weekend.

19. PapiCode says:

I’m in!

I’m gonna use stencyl just to try it out. I probably won’t make it if I code and I want to try stencyl so this is cool I guess.

Anyway I’m gonna start when I get home from school lol.

Wish me luck ;)

20. My game didn’t follow the theme strongly enough so I don’t think it would be welcome in the miniLD submissions… but at least I DID make a game in 48hrs last weekend! Perhaps the “horror” of drowning is enough to make it worth a quick play. Silly little html5 + box2d “plinko” game where you are trying to save drowning victims by throwing life preservers to them. How many can you save?

21. CorruptOne says:

I can’t come up with anything good, so I guess I’m out for now :/ Better luck next theme, I suppose.

22. namrog84 says:

September 25th is last day to submit? or october 25th?

23. imake says:

It says: “(Submissions officially close on the 25th, say)”, so last moments to finish (or even start – really this late?) your game and submit. Already checked what others have done and I just want more and more these little horror-snacks >:)

Also remembet to review (and comment) what other’s have done. Each have some positive twist anyway.

24. mikemacdee says:

There are lots of fun entries for this.

Is there a notification when voting starts? or do we just log in now and then and check if the form is up?

25. mildmojo says:

Will there be any closure on the mini-LD? Feels a little like a trek into the desert. =)