Ludum Dare 31
December 5th-8th, 2014

October Challenge 2014
Ending Soon!

ConstructionPlease excuse the site weirdness. Mike is making and fixing things. Clocks are probably wrong. Colors are place-holder.

What is Ludum Dare?
Rules / Guide

Tell me..

Posted by (twitter: @F0lis)
September 1st, 2011 8:09 am

.. what do you like the most about making games?

Coding?
Level Design?
Drawing Sprites?

I’d be interested to know.

I even start: My favorite thing about making games is, that I can create whole worlds. If I can imagine something, I can build it! And that is the general fun for me. Coding is more or less just what I do to create those imaginations.

7 Responses to “Tell me..”

1. Level-Design. Once the basis has been done, you basically start from scratch again with the tools you ust made.

Also, the point where somebody plays your game and starts laughing. It’s a glorious moment.

2. N0_Named_Guy says:

Coding. I leave the world design stuff to someone else :P

3. Devenger says:

Figuring about how to add emergent gameplay. Getting the basic rules right, so complex interactions occur as a result, is great fun. Then designing levels is just a matter of making arenas that let all the basic rules come out to play; the hard part’s already done.

4. Mjiig says:

Coding. When I think of something creative enough to let me make a good game I love the way I can turn entirely theoretical maths into something people can interact with in ways that is entirely controlled by the code. To be honest I like any kind of coding that allows for large numbers of possible outcomes (as opposed to simple scripting). It’s probably just me being a control freak and loving total control over what happens…

5. Andrew says:

I’ll have to go with coding the mechanics, when that’s done it’s usually a scramble to get everything else into place before I lose interest. Which is obviously a problem cause you can’t have a game with mechanic alone and no content.

Least favorite part would be adding UI, never liked that, never will.

6. Rudy says:

The fuzzy feeling of “I made it and it works”.

7. RyanMan56 says:

In my opinion, the best part definitely has to be the coding because it enables you to have full control over everything! You can build anything you like, I find this pretty amazing! There are no limits except those of your imagination… and your computer specs ;)