About | Rules and Guide
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 7 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes, 19 seconds
  • October Ends: in 8 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes, 19 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 43 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes, 19 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Announcing MiniLD #26

Posted by (twitter: @drZool)
    May 10th, 2011 1:27 pm

The date is set!

May 27 – 29, 2011

Update #5 :by PoV

[ Submit Here | View All Entries ]

Update #4 :D

Choose your own theme or themes from the list, Please state your theme(s) in the titlescreen of your entry

• Descend
    • Demolish
    • Destroy
    • Detonate
    • Dig
    • Dirt
    • Drill
    • Dynamite

Before you start working to the game, make one post consisting of:

A: Name of the game

B: Description (140 chars)

C: One mockup image

D: Definition of Done: (Example) 3 levels, 3 enemy types, 1 boss, music track, sfx

Used these as a guide to keep you on track.

Update #3:

5 min Video on how to get things Done faster.

Update #2:

Mini LD #26 Rules:

• You may use old unreleased (does not have to be unreleased) code/gfx/sound if you made it by yourself (No copyright infrigements)
    • You may rebuild any of your old games to fit the theme. See above
    • Theme will be Disclosed before the compo begins.
    • You may create mockups, plans and prototypes but no real game production can be created before the start time (regular LD time). I know this is fuzzy but I think this will help getting things Done.

To help you with idéas the theme is atleast one of these:

• Descend
    • Demolish
    • Destroy
    • Detonate
    • Dig
    • Dirt
    • Drill
    • Dynamite

When the compo begins it’s good if you have a game Design with atleast: One idéa and one mockup. Please try to keep it simple. Don’t be afraid to kill your Darling so you can get things Done.

Update #1:

One aspect of the upcoming mini LD is focus on getting stuff done. That is one of the D’s. Theme is still to be disclosed.

/drZool

67 Responses to “Announcing MiniLD #26”

1. Danik says:

Looking forwarD to it!

2. Sos says:

Yay! I’m (probably) in ;)

3. Draknek says:

Theme prediction: source code may not contain the letter d.

4. Delightful! Dandy Date Dude!
      Dream dares: dangerous dungeons, dastarly dragons?
      Debatable… deep decisions, darling.
      Danke!

5. Winterblood says:

Ooh, I think I may have some spare time thereabouts…

6. Martoon says:

Can the source code be written in D?

7. xhunterko says:

Why is it I sense a wild west theme? Oh, maybe because that’s a common type font on wanted posters? Maybe?

8. Mikhail Rudoy says:

I might participate. I hope I have the time :D

9. Mikhail Rudoy says:

that was supposed to say : D

10. MrDude says:

Looking forward to Mini-LD as always.

You can expect my efforts to be dramatic, and possibly amount to something! :D

11. huhwhozat says:

For the relatively newer of us, could we perhaps have a clarification on the rules and regulations of the Mini-LD’s?

12. dogbomb says:

Pfff… the theme is quite *obviously* dogbomb… awww, shucks, thanks guys. I <3 you all. x

13. elbowroom says:

Yay.. can anyone join this event? maybe this theme is unDecided :)
      omg I hope you won’t have to write the game in D

• MrDude says:

Cool out, huh? :)

If you want to join, just say you’re in it some time shortly before it begins (Like, a few days before or something) and then you’re in, simple as that.

And it’s unlikely that you would have to write the game in D. That’s just a joke from the fact that the D in the image is the only letter that’s colored in. :P

• elbowroom says:

And the ‘d’ in date and disclosed is italicized.. and later in the post the ‘d’ in forward and good is capped.

I am hoping we won’t have to write it in D or dress up as androgynous Japanese vampire-hunters while coding in the event. But it’s probably both!

14. matthias_zarzecki says:

that’s awesome!

..and it’s right at the end of my crunch-time for my final exam at game-design-school. Frak.

15. Milo says:

Obviously, the theme will not contain the letter “D” and he’s just messing with us. I bet the theme will be “Lies” or something.

16. Towerfiend says:

This will be my first entrance into Ludum Dare for me~

Wish me luck. :3c

17. stqn says:

Writing the game in D is ok with me. In fact, it would be much more problematic to write it in anything else! (For me, that is… ;) )

18. JaydenB says:

Wow. Amazing. What a perfect date, the few days i have off school! Hope i can do something!

19. Mikhail Rudoy says:

Maybe he just forgot to change the color of the D?

20. matthias_zarzecki says:

I like the “getting things done”-part. Making the last 10% of a game is often quite painful, and it is tempting to just call it a day and have a “prototype”, “level”, “proof of concept” instead of a “game that works”.

^^

21. MrDude says:

I like this a lot. I can come up with something for all of those themes.

Plus, this would be good motivation to actually get something working with SpudTech. That would be awesome. :)

Really looking forward to this one.

— Mr. Dude

22. matthias_zarzecki says:

So, the letter D, eh. We meet again, old nemesis.

23. [...] varying adjustments to the rules. It’s all really up to whoever is running it at the time. MiniLD #26 is set for May 27-29, this time being run by one drZool. You can read more about the competition [...]

24. stqn says:

I like the relaxed rules and the early theme hints… I usually don’t work fast and have a hard time finding gameplay ideas. I like to do things right and work slower than some. I might be able to do something this time!

25. elbowroom says:

Ok, I watched the video on how to get things done faster. My shirt is traumatized for good.

26. austinbreed says:

I really hope it is “Descend.”

27. JaydenB says:

I really hope the theme is any of them listed above because I’ve come up with a game idea that encompasses them all. :P

28. [...] level/control scheme will work for most players. This will probably be my next task, before the MiniLD hits this [...]

29. moltanem2000 says:

My definition of getting things done; Have a legit title screen with instructions. (oh and a game-over screen, I’ve forgotten to let you die in way too many of these). And I fully intend to get these things done.

If the theme is descent I may just have to pull out D3SCENT again.

30. huhwhozat says:

C’monnnn! Announce theme already! (Too bad none of the D-isclosed themes fit my ideas at all :/)

31. matthias_zarzecki says:

Hang on a second…

This thing starts now?!

I thought I had another 12 hours to figure out what to actually do..

Oh well. It’s design-time, then

But first Food. then, /Design-time/.

32. DrPetter says:

Ah, Design Document requireD before starting. Cool variation actually, it would completely overthrow my typical approach if I would enter. Normally I just make something and then see what it turned out to be. Maybe I should attempt it, but no promises yet. Tip to componites: Don’t make your goals overly ambitious. Put what HAS to be in there, not what you’d ideally LIKE to get in. More rewarding that way, and otherwise it would just be a normal infinite todo list.

33. huhwhozat says:

Argh! I’m still at work!
      Must… avoid… thinking… EXCITED! BLARG!

34. PiedotTaste says:

Hello, I’m ridiculously new here, and I thought I could try my hand at MAYBE entering this mini LD… could somebody tell me what I should be doing to take part, sign up, etc?

Also, is it frowned upon to try and take part even if you’re not really sure you’ll be able to finish? I’m not exactly, er, fantastic at this stuff – but I enjoy it!

I thought people posted their ‘declaration of intent’ if you will, but nobody seems to have posted about this yet!

35. Chris Barrett says:

PiedotTaste: I’m new here too, and very much in the same boat. From what I gather, Ludum Dare is a friendly and not overly competitive or formal competition – especially the ‘mini’ ones – so you (we) should be fine :)

36. Chris Barrett says:

Sorry for the double post:

37. Chris Barrett says:

Oh, ffs. Sorry for the TRIPLE post:
      You can enter by (as I understand it) clicking the ‘write a post’ link at the top of the page. Set the category as mini #27 and voila!

38. elbowroom says:

Questions:
      1.a. How much time do we have left since the current time?
      1.b. When does it actually end?
      2.Where do we post the games?
      Thanks.

39. FriendshipIsMagic says:

Yeah, i have the same question. Isnt the deadline over? or can I still keep submitting updates?

40. ClassyGoat says:

When do we get to start the judging for this???