So after a night of sleep, and some annoying interruptions, I’ve been back to work. I thought I’d update with some screens of the progress I’ve been making. I guess it’s a bit late to turn back now, so the likelihood of me scrapping this and starting over again is very low.
It started with no tiles, then simply creating the same set of tiles over and over, then creating from a set of 2 types, then a few more, then I added in an epilepsy background and alpha to test, and that was all last night. Then this morning I started by updating the graphics, and then by adding in slimes and diamonds.
Making great progress, but there is still so much more to do! Good thing there’s still another 30 hours or so left.