Anyone who has read some of my previous posts on here would know that I was going to make games for all the old LD themes. Well I’m still doing that! I have a vacation this next week-and-a-half-ish and I plan to get at least my LD0 catchup done. Now I agree that that’s not so much for 11 days but I’m not sure whether I’ll finish even that as there is practically a literal ton of work for me to do. Here are some of the things I plan to do this vacation (and I might be forgetting some):
– LD0 catchup
– study for my SATII English test (this will involve at least two practice tests and therefore at least 2 hours)
– study for the USAMO math exam (this will involve taking at least two old tests and therefore at least 18 hours)
– go to the Queens Hall of Science (at least 2 hours commuting + at least 1 hour there)
– write a small math paper
– do all my Homework
– visit some colleges
– clean my C drive and install all the stuff I want to have but don’t
– start learning to use Unity 3d, Python, and LaTeX (not necessarily in that order and with Mathematica as a much lower priority)
– there’s a very small chance that I will go back and make my miniLD24 game idea
– figure out a way to make music for the games
– read a large variety of books which I’ve had lined up for a while (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Elementary Geometry from an Advanced Standpoint, some physics book about non-Newtonian fluids, The World is Flat a Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, etc…)
As you see, I’ll be extra busy. And this extra-business will carry over well past the vacation. The two days after vacation is USAMO and the second is also college night at my school. This is not to mention that I have tests in a lot of my classes. And after working through USAMO, will I get some rest? Not until after LD 20! I have every intention of participating in that as well (but of course shit happens sometimes so I won’t be too disappointed if I don’t finish).
Anyway, that’s what’s going on in my world. So thanks for listening to (or rather reading) my rant, and if you have any suggestions for how to do some of the programming or sound stuff from the list above, please comment.