Weekend of the 14th of February, starting at the usual time.
…and by that, I mean the weekend before, so that’s 12th-13th, so the real start time is:
4am, Saturday February 12th UTC — 9pm Friday Feburary 11th EST/6pm PST
MiniLD #24 starts [fergcorp_cdt_single date=”Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:00:00 -700″]
of course you’re welcome to enter whenever you like, I’m not strict with mini times <3
Going to announce the ‘theme’ early since it’s a mini, I’m relaxed with rules and time so do what you like.
Theme: Pick ‘n’ Mix
here’s how it’s going to work, I have lists of themes, limitations and rules. pick one (or more) of each and go!
- True Love
- Tainted Love
- Alternate universe spinoff of a major franchise
- Tetris is now a <genre other than puzzle> game!
- 2 button input only
- 1 button input only
- 2 colours
- Game must end in 60 seconds
- All audio must be your own voice
- Framerate cap at 5fps
- All variable, class, function etc names must be palindromes
- Work with a partner
- Use a tool/language you have never used before
- Wear something absurd whilst making the entire game, upload webcam timelapse to youtube when done.
- Wear nothing whilst making the entire game, upload webcam timelapse to amateur porn site when done.
- Game must be code complete in the first 3 hours, if not, must start over. NO CODING AFTER THAT.
there you go, pick one or more from each section, or do your own thing, it’s only a mini after all.
regarding times, make the game across whatever 48 hour(ish) period you like, spend more than 48 hours or spend less, I don’t care. submissions will be open for probably about a week after the weekend noted above, but if you want to dev alongside others, make your game over that weekend
THAT IS ALL!
edit: >>>>> Submit your games here! <<<<<
— Original post:
no I’m not gonna let you vote on a theme, but I haven’t settled on one so if you have any suggestions on theme or rules, feel free to drop them in the comments
I know it’s not been long since I last hosted a mini, but this was originally a spot claimed by Terry, but he mentioned something about saving the world before lighting a cigar, getting on his motorbike then driving out the 2nd floor window and off into the distance. so I figured I’d take the spot now instead of September again
p.s. anyone who uses Valentines Day as an excuse not to take part is only going to look like an idiot, there’s nothing more romantic than making a game and dedicating it to your partner/spouse/sexbuddy/random-guy-on-a-train.