I’ve added a post-competition build of my game to the links on the entry page. It’s mostly bug fixes but also a few simple improvements and a draw engine overhaul.
- simple detection of being stranded without fuel with a popup message
- permanently show a flag over explored planets to make it easier to tell where you’ve been.
- Fuel is consumed over time as you travel, so if you are interrupted by an enemy ship, you only pay for the fuel you’ve used.
- improvements to the shop prevent you from being able to waste money on refills for things you’re already full on (like fuel)
- Entirely new draw manager, allows for limited view regions and camera movement (disabled in this build)
- Better UI management for windows and text
- fixed purchasing to negative money in the shop
- fixed bug where you could travel off screen in the right circumstances
- fixed bugs related to shopping or exploring at the same time as being attacked
All in all, pretty light, but I hope to keep improving it in chunks as I have time.