The compo is almost half over, and there are some awesome projects out there. It gets really difficult not to keep checking for other people’s status every 5 minutes, but it’s something great to do when taking breaks.
Anyway, here’s what I accomplished today: (You can test the current version in your browser – though chrome doesn’t seem to work. It’s a cheating version where you have a ton of resources for testing, though )
- Had about 3 people visit my live stream. Hoping for more tomorrow.
- Downed about 2 liters of orange juice and 1.5 liters of apple juice, along with some cappuchino, water, and of course food. Wow!
- Made a space-game with theoretically infinite maps (currently limited for fast testing and loops around)
- You can fly around, absorb resources (Matter, Energy and “Life”) and explore space in all its colorful glory
- Upgrade your little planet’s facilities (peaceful stuff done, offensive and defensive upgrades coming tomorrow)
I’m feeling pretty good about it so far, except maybe for the placeholder graphics. But they’re just that, placeholders.
Plans for tomorrow:
- second half of the day, make the interface nicer
- Better graphics!
But first, a nice 8 hours of sleep would do me good. See you then!