First off, the obligatory Tool List:
- Programming language: ActionScript 3
- Engine: PushButton Engine
- Graphics Software: ToonBoom Animate 2, The GIMP
- Graphics Hardware: Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet
- Audio Software: SFXR, Audacity. Musagi or MilkyTracker
- Audio Hardware: Cheap microphone. Possibly E-MU X-Board 25 MIDI keyboard
I got into Flash game development during October Challenge using FlashPunk. Since then though, I’ve been gravitating toward PushButton Engine, but I’ve run into this problem: My previous codebase ended up being a real mess, probably partly because I was learning FlashPunk and AS3 at the same time. I’m trying to avoid that this time, but that’s just making the development go really really slowly, especially since PBE’s documentation is frankly a little bit lacking. The solution of course is simple: For Ludum Dare #19, I will make a game using PBE without caring at all what the code will look like. This way I’ll learn more as I go and possibly discover some tricks along the way. This will make it easier to carry on with my other project in PBE later.