Progress

Posted by
April 24th, 2010 9:22 pm

Here’s where I’ve gotten to so far with “Viking”. I’m actually really very surprised by the size of the map I’ve been able to shoehorn into this thing without it complaining too much.

I’ve used a 600×600 version of the heightmap on this post to populate the world data, there is also a JSON file that contains entity definitions and locations and another image map that maps cells to biomes, but those aren’t hooked into it yet, hence why there’s only the four types of tile at present. If I have enough time, the image maps and entity JSON will be fed in by a PHP script that will do the procedural generation.

Next stop, bed.

vikingscreenshotlevel1-height


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]