About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 10 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes, 37 seconds
  • October Ends: in 11 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 37 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 46 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes, 37 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Mini LD 16 CONSTRAINTS

Posted by
    February 19th, 2010 7:05 pm

CLICK FOR THE CONSTRAINTS

Start: February 19th, 2010 at 9PM EST (GMT-5)

End: February 21st, 2010 at 9pm EST (GMT-5)

Submit Here | View All Entries Here

Tags:

17 Responses to “Mini LD 16 CONSTRAINTS”

1. MrDude says:

Aside from the sound (Which I can’t comply with completely, no mic here, so no sound :/), this sounds fun :)

You can look forward to my <= 6hr entry some time tomorrow!

2. pansapiens says:

Looks fun. I should force myself find a few hours this weekend and come up with something.

Weird resolution though.

3. 10Print says:

Looks fun!

With regards to the music, are we allowed only one file <= 24 seconds, or many files which in total do not exceed 24 seconds?

4. BenHem says:

Color hex codes:

// swatches left to right //
      COLOR=”#00BBFF”
      COLOR=”#296ACC”
      COLOR=”#3D4399″
      COLOR=”#483D66″
      COLOR=”#2F2933″

// top stripe, bottom stripe //
      COLOR=”#990000″
      COLOR=”#FF9900″

// b/w //
      COLOR=”#000000″
      COLOR=”#FFFFFF”

• dertom says:

thx for the colors.

Hmm,…actuallly I really promised myself to do it not but:I’m in. At least I will try…(which the history showed does not mean anything….but I’m still full of hope)

5. I’m drawing a blank. The number keys (minus 5 & 6) will be a difficult constraint to work with.

6. Brolly says:

Hi clarification, is it alright to use the number keys with the thingy

numberpad with num lock on. Or not.

This is a great idea though, though I wish there were even more constraints even, not just physical but gameplay as well. Maybe next time. Reminded of the Five Obstructions by Lars Von Tier.

• HybridMind says:

Many people do not have numpads anymore. I didn’t specify but I just wanted to point that out. I was intending it to be keys that all keyboards have meaning more the non-numpad keys in a straight line.

Regarding the ‘Five Obstructions’ movie: When I mentioned my constraints theme to a friend of mine last week he told me about the premise of that movie which I hadn’t heard of before. Sounds pretty cool and I definitely want to check it out!

7. Sos says:

Wild CONSTRAINTS apperar! What will Sos do?
      Sos used FLASHPUNK!
      It’s super-effective!

Anyways, this totally ruined my C64 idea :/ colours and dimension sould be cheatable, but no mic I can connect there, but wait… no, whatever.
      I think i can make a 6-8 hrs thingie for this.

Good luck everyone.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
      Pleeeease do not make use of Numpad, which many doesn’t have :(

8. 31eee384 says:

Ooh, like the constraints. Although the keys make any simple up/down/left/right controls unfeasible, I just thought up a game I can do. I might not finish it this weekend as I won’t have much time, but if I happen to get stuff wrapped up earlier than expected this is what I’ll be doing.

9. AtkinsSJ says:

Hmmm, intriguing, but no ideas yet… Guess I’ll try doodling with the colours.

10. Gaeel says:

For you guys without a mic, a quick and easy trick is to plug your earbuds or headphones into the microphone port on your computer. The sound quality is appalling but for making some sound effects it could yield interesting results. And since Ludum Dare is about using on-the-spot stuff (kinda) I think it fits the concept quite well.

11. dertom says:

Ok,…now that the compo is over I want to say it was again much fun. Actually at the beginning I didn’t like the color-constraint but in the end I liked it very much being forced to use nice old dithering-technique with a somehow freaky crazy color result :D
      Still I’m not fast enough to really finish a game in 48h. But it’s getting better.

Have a nice week,ToM

12. HybridMind says:

I’m so excited to check out all these games! If you haven’t submitted your game into the newer system (link in post above) you may want to do that for ease of browsing the results of this mini LD 16.

Thanks again for playing along with my constraints everyone! I’m pretty wiped out after hosting this miniLD and making a game this weekend but I am quite thankful for everyone in this awesome game making community–you all rock!

I’ll check all these entries out tomorrow after I’m recovered… :)

13. crackerblocks says:

This was a fun compo. Thanks for putting it on HM. I think in the future I will find someone to generate a nice color palette for me to use. It should reduce the art-block I usually get.