Mini LD 16 is fast approaching!
It will kick off this Friday, February 19th at 9pm EST (GMT – 5)
The theme of this competition is Constraints.
- To explore what game designs we are able to create given a certain set of arbitrary constraints
- To have the games share a common control scheme
- To have the games share aspects of look and feel
- To have total designer freedom of genre and topic
I won’t be announcing the final constraints until this Friday at 9pm EST but I’d like to provide a teaser of some of the things you may encounter.
- Must work with a specific color palette
- Limited to specific control inputs/keys
- Music length limits (looping allowed)
- Numbers of sound effects
- Specific screen dimensions
- Sprite or game object size requirements
- Background graphics
- Text limits
- Levels / Waves / Rounds requirements
As I mentioned in my minor goals above–I have no intention of specifically limiting the topic or genre of the game you create. I want there to be at least that one axis of complete freedom for the designer as they work within the constraints. I’m looking forward to this weekend–see you all soon!