You can see my entry here:
I’ll do an updated version later on this week, fix some things that need fixing and add a few features that are missing. Maybe I’ll build a fullscale (?) flash game based on this, and sell it for iPhone. Then move to bermuda.
POSTMORTEM – What went right:
– Rule system for the crew was/is awesome.
– Flixel is great! Perfect for a compo like this, although I didn’t use too much of it…
– I thought for awhile about the theme, and made a short design document with my ideas which was a great help.
– It’s like, -40’C in my city which is really, really cold and was helpful in finding inspiration for exploring the icy north.
What went wrong:
– As usual I didn’t give myself enough time to polish it up at the end. I spent some time on features that were cut or I didn’t finish, but it could have benefited a lot from just a bit more playing.
– Developing on Windows wasn’t quite what I am used to. But I got quite used to FlashDevelop. I’d like to move this over to Eclipse/Linux but figuring out how to build the AS3 stuff is just a bit tricky.
This was fun, thanks guys!