Ludum Dare 16 – December 11th-13th Weekend

Posted by (twitter: @ludumdare)
November 13th, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey everybody,

Ludum Dare #16 is this upcoming December 11th-13th Weekend.

If you haven’t already seen them, the results of the date survey are available on the site.

The results were *perfectly* split down the middle. Wow!

So, that meant it was up to us to pick a weekend ourselves. I wasn’t sure what criteria we were going to use to decide it, but I settled on this quip.

[hamumu] I voted for early!
[hamumu] late is not available for me

So there you have it. Mike Hommel, fellow LD admin and moderator can’t make the 18th, so that’s works for me. But don’t blame Mike. I simply had no better way to pick the weekend. 😉

– – – –

Theme suggestions are a go. You can find the list here:

As usual, theme voting will take place the week before the start time.

– – – –

The Wiki Rules, Platforms and FAQ has been updated to reflect a number of recent developments. I’d suggest you give them a quick look over.

In case you haven’t heard the news, both Unity and Unreal 3 are available for free. You can check out our coverage of this news here:

– – – –

The countdown clock I’ll be moving up an hour earlier, as I’m usually starting the competitions at 11 PM my time. It’d be nice to be finished launching a compo at 12 AM+ instead of 1 AM+ (emphasis on +).

– – – –

As per popular request, because of the conflict with holidays (and our recent abundance of entries), we’ll be doing 3 weeks of entry voting. That means entry voting will end Sunday night on January 3rd, 2010, in time for some Monday morning celebrations. :)

– – – –

And a reminder, the special team MiniLD #14 is going on this weekend. The theme has already been announced, so find a friend and some 48 hours over the weekend to make something happen. Again, if we can pull off 20 some team entries, we’ll let you guys vote

That’s all for now. We hope you can join us for Ludum Dare 16.

– Mike Kasprzak (PoV)

25 Responses to “Ludum Dare 16 – December 11th-13th Weekend”

1. dock says:

Okay! My calendar has been marked, I’ll see you on the battlefield!

2. jolle says:

Thanks hamumu! I was in the same situation :)

3. Carefree Games says:

Looks like I found this place at a good time. I’ll likely be joining reguardless of theme.

4. SonnyBone says:

This will be my first time participating in ZA LUDUM DARE.

I predict a power outage or some other calamity.

NEW THEME: POWER OUTAGE CALAMITY

I win because my game became real life. I am the future. I am the fourth wall. I am…

LUDUM DARE

*flies away*

5. yoyo says:

Looking forward to my second LD. I intend to use Unity now that it’s free.

6. YagerX says:

So Uh… First time entering LD, what exactly is the starting time in UTC?
    (Your time isn’t exactly specific)

7. Wiering says:

Is the voting system working correctly??? I voted an hour ago or so and I just went back and saw that my votes had changed (like the votes had moved two lines down, but themes hadn’t).

8. KillerMan1501 says:

this is it! hundreds of hours sitting in front of a computer can now pay off!

9. I’ll second the request for a UTC/GMT start time.

10. Catmoo says:

I would also like to know the UTC/GMT start time as I just guessed that was the time listed, but now worried it isn’t :(

11. TenjouUtena says:

02:00:00 Saturday December 12, 2009 in GMT

12. TenjouUtena says:

At least, that’s how. the countdown timer translates

13. voltain says:

Think I’ll enter just for the fun of it (plus it gives me more incentive to make a game). Good luck to everyone participating.

14. pythong says:

didn’t know where to post this, sorry. how did twilight fandom make it into the final round when it was last in round 2??

15. Diet Chugg says:

New to the battlefield and excited as ever to see if I can make a game in 48 hours.

16. vizionary says:

not sure if i’ll have time to finish (or start even), but going to go for it… 8)
    Good Luck Everyone!

17. Epitaph64 says:

I *may* join in this time, depending mainly on my will and the theme 😛