Mini LD 10 GO GO GO

Posted by
June 26th, 2009 4:11 am

The theme is Domestic Violence.

Let’s put a not-too-strict deadline of midnight sunday GMT on it.  (I’ll have a hectic weekend, so might not get my entry in until monday, say).

Assets, code can be premade/reused, &c.

12 Responses to “Mini LD 10 GO GO GO”

1. mrfun says:

wow, loose rules, fun theme. Hrm… but if I spend too much time on this mini-ld, I’ll be LIVING the theme.. hard choice

2. Jazmeister says:

This is a topic very close to my heart. Hrm.

3. MrPhil says:

Oh…. tricky theme. I think I’ll spend the extra time brainstorming ideas.

4. Super-Dot says:

Check when the deadline is for your timezone:

5. greencow says:

Hmm, a serious theme. I’m sure I am not the only one who has been exposed to violence at home. Home should feel like a place of safety more than any other, if there is fear in the home, there will not be a good foundation to grow as individuals and especially to be able to grow together as a family. Even the indirect and non-physical forms of violence at home can have a stunting effect on childhood development.

I’ve worked with families who have these issues and they often do not recognize the issues their children are developing, perhaps because they were also raised with violence in their home and so it becomes the only form of conflict resolution they know. It would be nice to have a game that demonstrated the alternatives to violence.

This reminds me of another game development compo that happened recently with the theme of preventing teen dating violence. Here: http://kotaku.com/5011208/winners-named-for-teen-dating-violence-prevention-game-design-contest

I’m not sure if I’ll be making a game, I’ve got homework and travel this weekend. Good luck everyone!

6. Cosine says:

That’s a strange theme you’ve got there. I’ll probably just use pets to avoid anything too serious. 😛

7. Cosine says:

…or not. I think I misread something somewhere.

8. PoV says:

The “tame” interpretation we talked about in the channel involved houses doing battle with each-other.

9. Devon says:

oooo this could be interesting, I wanted to do something with this theme for awhile. Hopefully I can get something done.

10. mirosurabu says:

I’m exactly 24 hours without the sleep at the moment, so I’m glad the deadline is not-too-strict. Hopefully, I’ll do something. (and hopefully it won’t be just saying this time)

11. Jazmeister says:

Mine is coming along nicely, ish. I’m terrified, and I have a raging boner. Is this what it’s like to make games?