About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 10 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes, 56 seconds
  • October Ends: in 11 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes, 56 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 46 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes, 56 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

You Have to Save Everyone but There Isn’t Much Time!

Posted by (twitter: @ExciteMike)
    May 24th, 2009 9:09 am

Here’s what a not-quite-final version of my entry looks like.  The game is fully playable and probably won’t change a whole lot now in the 8 hours or so that are left.

YHtSEbTIMT screem

You can try it here.

I also figured that a hey let’s playtest each other’s games mailing list would probably be cool to have?  link.

6 Responses to “You Have to Save Everyone but There Isn’t Much Time!”

1. Terry says:

It doesn’t seem to be loading for me :o Are you using a progress event in the preloader, by any chance?

2. ExciteMike says:

Yes. Shoot, now I’m getting it too. I will try and fix that. Thanks!

3. Terry says:

I’ve had that problem before too :/ You can just use the usual enterframe event to fix it though, and use something like this to get your percentage loaded:

var p:Number = this.loaderInfo.bytesLoaded / this.loaderInfo.bytesTotal;

4. Terry says:

er, not that you asked, sorry :/ I just remember that particular flash bug driving me crazy when I encountered it…

5. ExciteMike says:

I think it’s fixed. There seemed to be some issue with my FTP program, making the file bigger every time I reuploaded.

6. increpare says:

beautiful game beautiful beautiful beautiful!