Ludum Dare 31 has ended
Theme:
Entire Game on One Screen

Results for LD31
Over 2600 Games submitted

Ludum Dare 32
Coming April 17th, 2015! Our 13th year!

Torrent! (for Windows)

Posted by
April 20th, 2009 11:51 am

I want to tell you a story, a story about something I hate.

“But why,” you ask, “would we want to hear your story?”

I’ll tell you why: do you know what I hate? I hate free hosting services. And so, instead of my daily dose of self-flagellation I decided to download all of the windows-playable LD 14 games, many of which were hosted on places like 2share, rapidshare, getdropbox, etc. This was painful.

But, like any other zealot who has recently undergone such a rugged purificaiton, I have Good News! Instead of jumping through these hoops yourself, you can instead download this:

Torrent of Windows Binaries!

There. Now I’ve taken away your excuse; you have to vote! And, once you’ve voted, please (please!) take the time to seed this for a week or so. I’m only one man, and, more importantly, I’m only one man with a single DSL connection.

*note: Where possible I’ve included whatever each participant marked as “download for windows” or similar. If a downloadable Java or Flash version was provided, I included that instead of the online version. Where no windows binary was available, I included the source code if it was in a language that (might) run on Windows (i.e. python+pygame, Löve, etc.).

**note: Missing from this torrent are: secret_knitter (broken download link), winferno (broken download link), increpare (OS X only), GBGames (Linux only), and eugman (*nix only). Please remember to look these games up and find a way to play them!

***note: URLs for Flash games hosted online but not linked for download are listed in the file “Links to Online Games.html”.

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “Torrent! (for Windows)”

1. ondrew says:

You, Doches, are a true hero. I salute you.

Thanks a lot.

2. crux says:

Awesome! I assume I was too late with my windows version to make the cut & I imagine I’m not the only one… will you be updating this by any chance? :)

3. Doches says:

Crux: Alas! I did include your pygame sources, though. I wasn’t planning on updating it, though I may if no one does a more complete binary torrent in a week or so. This one is a little premature; people haven’t had time to finish ports and what-have-you.

I just really wanted to get started on the voting, and figured other people might want to as well.

4. 0rel says:

thanks for packing all up!, will make it much easier to test play all entries.
    maybe i was too late with the entry, but my thingy seems to be missing,
    just in case you would update it…

5. Doches says:

0rel: I didn’t include you because you had a playable Flash version online, but not in downloadable form. I did include a link to that version, in the file “Links to Online Games.html” — which I should probable make a note of.

6. crux says:

No worries, Doches =) Thanks for putting this together!

I wonder how many of these will run under wine….

7. 0rel says:

ah okay, that’s fine… just didn’t see it. – currently testing some of the entries, it’s great to have them all together… such amazing load of content, created in just 2 days…. total crazyness =)

8. 0rel says:

maybe i’m wrong again, but agj’s ‘Heart’ seems to be missing.
    he made two entries… that’s probably whay.
    only ‘Hope’ is there.

9. athanazio says:

me /salute Doches
    me /bow Doches

10. mrfun says:

Downloading now, thank ye sir!

11. 5parrowhawk says:

Thanks, Doches! This is awfully convenient.

Only one thing: some people’s stuff (I think athanazio’s and mine at least) need redistributables – were those included?

12. Radix says:

I’m behind the Great Firewall and can’t get to most free filehosts at all, so this is great. It’s just too bad I have to wait for the whole archive to finish.

13. Doches says:

0rel: Crap!

Two entries? Two Entries?! TWO?!

agj, I’m terribly sorry. I included Hope, but not Heart — but on the upside, Heart is playable online: http://www.agj.cl/stuff/games/heart/

14. secret_knitter says:

Secret_knitter apologizes for posting a bad link.

Not that it’s worth the download to play, but for completeness’ sake (also if someone wants to award me a trophy for the most minimalistic graphics — I think I could accept that in good conscience).

I was rushed and didn’t read the Dropbox docs.

Sorry about that. The actual download link is http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/972220/secret_knitter_LD14_Wall.tgz

15. agj says:

Doches, no worries on my side! Though Hope is not really an entry, since I posted it after the deadline here. I’ll make it more clear in my post, so no one else makes the mistake.

16. shawn says:

the link for the torrent is broken