Ludum Dare 14 is over! Record number of entries!

Posted by (twitter: @ludumdare)
April 19th, 2009 8:37 pm

Wow, and that was Ludum Dare 14.

A humongous turn out this year, with a whopping 121 entries for the deadline. Easily a new record for us. A great way to kick off year 7 of the competition.

As usual, voting will last for 2 weeks. Hit the “View Final Ludum Dare 14 Entries” link at the top of the page to view and vote for entries. Only people that submitted an entry will have the option of voting. If we get enough demand on the last few days of voting, we may consider pushing the date back a few more.

If there’s anyone that was maybe unable to upload or link their entry properly, respond to this post or contact the administration inside the IRC chat room, and we’ll give you hand.

The next major competition will be in August this year. Subscribe to the mailing list, or follow our twitter to stay informed.

Looking for more? In the off months we also do monthly challenges called the “Mini LD”, where Ludum Dare veterans give you a theme to try making something from. They occur usually on the first weekend of every month, but do stop by to double check. See the Wiki for more information.

Congratulations, and thanks everyone for making Ludum Dare 14 a huge success.

– Mike Kasprzak (PoV)

19 Responses to “Ludum Dare 14 is over! Record number of entries!”

1. Jazmeister says:

August, eh? Hmm… maybe I’ll enter! Maybe everyone should enter!

2. Entar says:

121? Wow. It’s going to take a while to vote on all of them :)

3. HybridMind says:

Thanks for all your efforts PoV..! I heard you were flying the ship alone this competition… :)

4. PoV says:

Yah, twas powered by PoV this time around. :)

5. 5parrowhawk says:

This was my first LD, and I’ve got to say it was a pretty awesome experience! Thanks for your hard work, PoV, and congrats to all you fellow survivors. Now I really must keep my gamedev skills sharp for the August compo…

6. Fiona says:

I’m gonna sleep till August, ta.

7. Morre says:

Great contest, everyone! :)

Thanks for splendid administration as always, PoV.

8. int10h says:

I’m really looking forward to August. I wish I could have spent more time on my entry this time. For August I’m going to block that weekend out an ensure that nothing can impinge.

9. Hempuli says:

This was really enjoyable! :)

10. mrfun says:

Great LD guys. I don’t know how but I think we’re going to bring world peace through this

11. Zak_Spark says:

I made an entry, but it’s not showing on the front page, and it’s not showing up on the voting page.

It’s right here:

12. Zak_Spark says:

Okay my mistake. I didn’t realize you had to hit “Publish”(extremely new to word press). The post was was originally made before the compo ended, will I still be able to compete?

My game:

13. Zak_Spark says:

You know what? Disregard the last two posts. I’m an idiot, and I apologize.

14. Simon says:

Thanks a lot!

I don’t see my awesome http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2009/04/19/wallsofdoom/
    final-tagged entry in the screenshots or content at http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/category/ld14/?tag=final+final&mythumb_nav=1 . How come ?

15. 0rel says:

me too. missing screenshot for http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2009/04/19/doomdoom/. just for the record…

i was a bit late with the screenshot and the (second) final post yesterday, because wasn’t really used to WordPress. and my time was simply running out too. but i didn’t change anything on the game after the deadline…

16. Mikea says:

And I couldn’t enter… damn… I started my entry but then I didn’t had the time on the week end.. hopefully on summer break there will be some LDs ­čśÇ

17. nevresim says:

emege saygi tesekk├╝rler

18. ├žok faydal─▒ bilgi olmu┼č te┼čekk├╝rler…