About | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post
Construction1990’s Internet Montage? No!
Please excuse the site weirdness. Mike is fixing and making things.
Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014!

• ??? Begins: in 10 days, 1 hour, 0 minutes, 31 seconds
  • October Ends: in 11 days, 1 hour, 12 minutes, 31 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 46 days, 2 hours, 0 minutes, 31 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

[ October Challenge 2014 | Resources | Submit/Edit | View All ]

Wall Girl – Appeal for stress testers

Posted by
    April 18th, 2009 5:01 am

Hi all,

I’m running a quick stress test of my game (pre-alpha 1) to make sure it runs on as many machines as possible. (Min spec is a Geforce FX or equivalent – i.e. about 4-5 year old machine.) If you have the time, it would be a great help if you took a break to play it!

Here’s a direct download link to the file:

Since it’s made using XNA, you’ll probably need to download the appropriate files. I’ve placed links to all the needed files on my contest page:

If nothing else, you can download the redistributables etc. in the background while working on your entry. (Pretty please?)

Controls are Up, Down, Left, Right (arrows) to move, hold Z to shoot. When the program starts you need to press any key to start the game. Esc exits.

You have 4 lives, and when all are gone, the game doesn’t return to the title screen (yet) – you have to exit and start again. Sorry about that – I’m planning to fix it up before I submit the final version.

Thanks in advance!

Tags:

10 Responses to “Wall Girl – Appeal for stress testers”

1. fidaner says:

Wall of doom indeed. Instant death in the first wave of enemies. Seems pretty hard.

2. 5parrowhawk says:

Oh, you got it to run? Was the frame rate OK?

And the game will be a lot easier once you have your own wall to hide behind! Actually, there’s a way to avoid that barrage, even without the wall, but I only manage it about half the time.

Once I’ve finished the other 2 player weapons (now in progress) I’ll start on the player’s own wall.

edit: forgot to say – Thanks very much for helping to test it!

3. 0rel says:

runs fine here.
      love the scrolling, slightly 3d-ish backgrounds!
      shooting works too. framerate is smotth.
      nice start!

4. 5parrowhawk says:

Thanks, 0rel. (Hmm, another person with a username starting in a numeral – surprising!)

5. Anonymous says:

(ye, but i don’t really like to see my name on top of the list on right… heh. but who cares…)

6. rob says:

I like the 3D effect. And it runs great, no hiccups.

7. 5parrowhawk says:

Thanks, Rob :) Good to know it’s running well.

Actually I could have made the background high-res, but I wanted to experiment with a deliberately lo-fi look for that. Dunno how well it worked. *sweat*

8. Zorrito says:

Works great here, really smooth.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz; Memory: 2046MB RAM; Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4670; Display Memory: 1024.0 MB; Current Mode: 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (85Hz)

9. 5parrowhawk says:

Wow, Zorrito, it sounds like your machine is actually a bit too powerful for this game ;) Thanks for testing it!

Anyway, I’m gonna backup my code, post an update, then sleep. See you all tomorrow (GMT+8 time :D).