Now:

Coming Soon:
Ludum Dare 31
December 5th-8th, 2014

PST: 6 PM
*EST: 9 PM
UTC: 02:00

ConstructionPlease excuse the site weirdness. Mike is making and fixing things. Clocks are probably wrong. Colors are place-holder.

Ludum Dare 31:
Ludum Deals
???

Recent:
MiniLD #XX

ANNOUNCEMENT BAR! I give you important event updates here, but this is usually invisible.

The original wall of doom

Posted by (twitter: @davidrlorentz)
April 18th, 2009 10:32 am

OK, with 33 hours remaining, hamburger’s finally going to start thinking about getting started.

“Advancing wall of doom” is a pretty morbid theme, guys. I feel compelled to make a game about the original wall of doom, that one that is advancing upon us all – death, of course!

I picture myself on my deathbed, waves in my head slowly shrinking to whispers, then nothing. I have a little bit of energy left in me, but not enough to run the whole machine of my body. Should I focus it in my eyes, to see my loved ones around me? Or in my ears, to hear what they’re saying? Or in my hands, to feel when they hold them? Or should I focus all my energy inside my head, to keep those waves alive?

Is this a game? I hope so. I’m going to try to run with it. If you have any suggestions, please make them. :)

Tags: , , , ,

5 Responses to “The original wall of doom”

1. HybridMind says:

I’d be interested to see what you come up with given this intro.. :)

2. Covenant says:

A manic-depressive dream game! :) If they could be happy with anything, ofc… :)

3. mirosurabu says:

You are my hero. You just helped me come up with idea for this compo! Death, of course, how didn’t I think about this.

Your idea sounds interesting, by the way. Looking forward to seeing the implementation. :D

4. fidaner says:

It could be a game about evading and escaping death.

as in Monty Python’s Meaning of Life:

5. hamburger says:

Hahaha thanks for that clip. I needed that.

The other clip that someone should really make a game about is Bill and Ted’s run in with death – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flcv_TnH7Mk

As for me though, I’m gonna set my whole game on the deathbed. It may not be fun, but it will have gameplay, I promise.