The Black Yeti; done!

Posted by
February 9th, 2009 5:31 am

10 Responses to “The Black Yeti; done!”

1. HybridMind says:

awesome! I loved this game. fun puzzle game play with brief but amusing texts in between the levels. nice work. :) I think I mostly got the way it was working but sometimes I’ll admit I was slightly confused but managed to brute force my way through the paths to safety. very cool idea and great use of theme.

2. increpare says:

yeah; I will admit it’s not as *clear* as it might be, but whatever. cheers!

3. hamburger says:

That was fun! I have to admit though I never completely figured out the mechanic. I liked the atmosphere.

4. cap says:

That was fun! As a top-down game, the rules would have been a lot more obvious, I think, but from this view it was a bit of a puzzle.

I really liked that the denouement was expressed in gameplay rather than just another page of text. I usually hate it when I get to the end only to find I’m ridiculously overpowered, but here it fit the story perfectly. Very slick!

5. increpare says:

cap: the perspective thing is an important point; I hadn’t thought about it much.

6. nilsf says:

It was fun, but I was stuck for a long time on one of the levels. I’m still not sure I really understand the rules.
    The storytelling mechanism worked very well.

7. mrfun says:

I got stuck on level 5 or 6 – I don’t understand how you can be seen (like the !, MSG moment flashbacks) and then run straight at the guy for 30 steps and kill him in one situation, but in others one extra step kills you?

Like the retro vibe

8. DifferentMike says:

Fun story, fun game. The text was really neat and added a lot to the game. It was fun to watch the yeti progress alongside the story. I kind of had the same mechanic issue that others had, but hey, I enjoyed it. :)

9. grimfang4 says:

I finally got around to playing this one…
    It makes me sad… Poor little Yeti :(

Anyhow, it’s a good game with a puzzle mechanic that works really well, though it took me a while to pin it down.

10. phren says:

The mechanic wasn’t clear as previous comments have mentioned, and I don’t know if it’s a positive or negative thing. I brute forced my way through a few levels while some were pretty obvious.

This game somehow felt artistic without being a wannabe. Nice job! 😛