I’ve begun work on the BLDR Postcompo version! The general consensus seems to be that this is necessary. I shall also be using the first versions of my LD/game library I’m developing as a wrapper around SDL. I’m open to suggestions! My current list…
- New name – Some people seemed to think BLDR was related to towlr, and some vowels would be nice.
- Improved graphics – The art was meant to be “temporary”, but all too often in Ludum Dare temp art becomes final.
- Modify to use the new library – save code space, etc.
- More gameplay elements – at least a few, though I’ll try to squeeze as much as I can out of the basics
- The roads – perhaps some changes to the way the road system works
- Animations – so when you die you don’t just get teleported back to the beginning
- Level editor – level editors are always nice
- In-game instructions – in-game instructions are always nice
- More levels – of course more levels
- Enhanced menus – ways to access all the new features
And I think that’s it about now… time to get going! Comment!