Ninja Kitty Vs. The Nukebots (final)

Posted by
October 5th, 2008 7:45 pm

It’s done! It took longer than the alloted time by quite a bit, not to mention I massively cheated (about half the final code is from existing work, not new). But it’s fun, in a weird and weird, weird way. It’s a goofy game. But it’s got skills and leveling up, so that makes it good. it’s also very hard with most of the maps I found, but they all seem winnable if you got ninja skillz.

Enjoy Ninja Kitty’s neverending battle against the horrid Nukebots.

Download: Windows EXE (660kb)

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Ninja Kitty Vs. The Nukebots (final)”

1. DrPetter says:

Wohoo. I love the sounds! Especially the hurt effect reminds me of some old NES game that I used to play, I think it was Pinball but it could be any one of the really old games from the mid-80’s.
    I had a hard time avoiding the explosions at first, but slowly learned to do swoop-in-swoop-out attack patterns and eventually completed the cyard level. It’s great how you can stick to the ceiling, too bad it’s not very useful to stay in one place for more than 0.5 seconds though :)
    An apprentice mode for weaklings featuring less enemy health and smaller (or completely absent) explosions would be nice. Could be fun to just dive into a huge pile of robots and go wild. I suppose that would undermine the reward of upgrading skills though.

2. SpaceManiac says:

Awesome! Get a version up on your site.

3. Hamumu says:

No, the absence of explosions would ruin the chain reacting fun!! The horror! Bet you’d never guess how those sound effects came to be.

If you do want to rush in and slash big groups to bits, I recommend the middle set of skills. When you’ve bought 4 or 5 things there, you’re almost invincible, healing faster than you get hurt. Unless 3 of them turn out to be Meditation, which is pretty much useless. It can be really fun to stop time (the left skill set maxed out) and run in and cut them all up, then leave and watch them explode.

(the sets are Speed, Survival, and Damage, basically. But 2 of the 3 speed powerups actually boost your damage, since they are rate-of-fire things. I like to buy Reflexes, Star Power, and Whirling Death whenever they come up… my strategy is to just stay out of the thick of things entirely!)

4. AtkinsSJ says:

This game is amazing! I wasn’t keen to start with, but once I knew what I was doing (flying around auto-firing ftw!) it’s really addictive! Which is bad as it meant I played it rather than doing homework. :/

5. pymike says:

Aw, doesn’t work under wine :(

6. Hamumu says:

You can try the command line argument “opengl” (to make it use opengl instead of directx, surprisingly!), maybe that will solve it.

7. erik says:

I mage a Ninja Kitty level. It may work with other games, but I don’t know. It’s 128×128 and uses non-compo colors.

Check it out:

8. Detox says:

This might make a good iPhone game.