Ludum Dare 31
December 5th-8th, 2014

Problems and Bugs

Posted by
April 20th, 2008 8:03 am

As part of my game, I needed some way to show damage to the player (and, damage to the monster, as well).  The method I used to render text was semi-hacked together yesterday, and it had a few problems that made it hard to really do what I wanted.  What I wanted (and what I now have), is to have the damage float up from a point on screen.  After some amount of re-writing, and some terrible bugs that nearly stopped me in full, I’ve got a better text rendering function.

LD 11 Battle Bug Shot

Now to fix it so that you can’t gain health by fighting the monster once you’ve above a certain level.  Hopefully, I’ll find time to get some actual graphics going, and maybe fix up the formulas so the game is a challenge, as well as fun.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

[cache: storing page]