HeliChain final

Posted by (twitter: @drZool)
December 16th, 2007 7:00 pm

A helicopter physics game, made with XNA 2.0 beta.

You will need a pile of shit to get this to work, here it is:

1. .Net 2.0 SP1 (we are currently uncertain if it ships with Vista)
    • Note you can also use the original .Net 2.0 but you will also have to install the C++2005 SP1 Redist (G4WL will also install this, so this is only needed if you are not also installing that redist)
  2. DirectX9.0c
  3. XNA runtime 2.0

I’ve had ppl not being able to run the game anyways, Im looking into the problem. Pls tell me if it works for you.

Anyways I hurried with the levels, Yay it was fun to make them :) I hope to release a map pack soon. Unfortunaly the editor is built within director, so I will have to work on it a bit to enable the community to build their own maps, unless you got director. All sound was made with DrPetters godlike sound effect app, sfxr. Kudos to him!

Game goals: make the red box be within the red rectangle for 3 seconds to go to next level.

Controls: (Xbox360 controller should work, not tested, buttons? test them!)
Arrows <- -> Steer

ArrowUp/Down throttle

Z – Open/Close the CLAW!

X- Turbo (For making panic manouvres)

R – Reset level (Yeah this key you will know by heart)

N – n00b?

Here is bin 440KB

Heli final

And here is source + editor + bin + other useless stuff 3MB

Tags: , , , , ,

5 Responses to “HeliChain final”

1. Wiering says:

I couldn’t get this to work (Vista), .NET 2.0 SP1 won’t install on Vista, but I installed the C++ 2005 redist, newest DirectX and XNA runtime. I don’t get any clear error message, Vista only says it won’t run.

2. drZool says:

I’ve searched a bit on this common problem, and some ppl have solved it by running the Direct X Web Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en). I don’t know the diffrence but please try and report the results.

3. saluk says:

Not sure what dependancies I already have, but the only one I needed to install was the XNA framework. The game does run, but the physics are wacky. As soon as the level starts, all the objects explode off the screen. I cannot steer the heli, but I can adjust throttle and open and close the claw.

4. negativegeforce says:

I still cant play this dude. I will install xna studio and make a comment later.

5. drZool says:

saluk, I blame M$, I’ll put up a video of the game so you ppl can watch it atleast. Im not counting on any votes from those who cannot play it.